ABOVE VIDEO: Florida Gov. Rick Scott on “search and rescue” after Hurricane Michael. (CBSN Video)
FLORIDA – At the moment, following Governor Rick Scott’s request, President Donald Trump issued a Major Disaster Declaration for Hurricane Michael. See the declaration HERE.
Governor Scott is in fixed communication with federal, state and native emergency administration officers and state company leaders to make sure the state is ready to reply to Hurricane Michael.
On October 7, Governor Scott declared a state of emergency in 26 Florida counties, and expanded it to embrace 35 counties complete on October Eight.
To see his Emergency Order, click on HERE. On October 9, following Governor Scott’s request, President Donald Trump accepted a pre-landfall emergency declaration.
ABOVE VIDEO: Florida governor describes destruction of Hurricane Michael.
STATE PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS
- The State Emergency Response Staff estimates that greater than 375,000 Floridians have been ordered to evacuate.
- Greater than 19,000 energy restoration personnel have been pre-positioned and are prepared to reply.
- Prior to Hurricane Michael’s influence, Governor Scott has referred to as on each native authorities to instantly affirm their mutual help agreements between investor-owned utilities, municipals and co-ops are in place and efficient so there isn’t a delay in energy restoration for Floridians. These agreements permit municipal utilities to obtain assist from investor-owned utilities and co-ops as they work to restore energy to clients. With out these agreements in place forward of time, energy restoration might be delayed. To view the complete record of Florida utilities with agreements in place, click on HERE.
- The present energy outage as of 9:00 a.m. is 400,666.
ABOVE VIDEO: Hurricane Michael Aftermath of Mexico Seashore, Florida.
- At Governor Scott’s course, the Florida Nationwide Guard has activated three,500 troopers and airmen for pre-landfall coordination and planning, with an emphasis on excessive water and search and rescue operations.
- By means of the Emergency Administration Help Compact (EMAC), the Florida Nationwide Guard has coordinated for 15 aviation belongings from 9 different states, together with six CH-47 Chinook helicopters from the New York, Mississippi, Maryland and Ohio Nationwide Guards to increase our aviation capabilities, as properly as 9 UH-60 Blackhawk helicopters have been additionally coordinated via the New York, Wisconsin, Colorado, Louisiana, Kansas Nationwide Guards.
- The Florida Nationwide Guard is performing quite a lot of missions, together with staffing 12 shelters, getting ready 30 Factors of Distribution (PODs), operating two Logistics Staging Areas (LSAs) in Tallahassee and Eglin and staffing the State Logistics Readiness Middle (SLRC) in Orlando.
- The Florida Nationwide Guard has greater than 1,000 excessive water automobiles, 13 helicopters and 16 boats and is getting ready for potential missions to embrace humanitarian help, safety operations, and search and rescue.
- The Florida Nationwide Guard will proceed to work intently with civilian associate businesses, different Nationwide Guard states and lively obligation counterparts.
- Greater than 1,000 State Regulation Enforcement Officers have been deployed to impacted areas in the Panhandle and Huge Bend.
- The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Fee (FWC) has assembled groups with 150 officers from outdoors the impacted space which might be deploying to Bay, Gulf and Jackson counties. They’re responding with a number of specialised gear, together with shallow draft boats, ATVs, airboats and 4 wheel drive automobiles. A further staff of 60 officers is being constructed presently to reply.
- FWC employees and companions are establishing a command submit in Marianna on the Jackson County Emergency Operations Middle.
- One FWC helicopter is up out of Milton, surveying Bay and Gulf counties.
- The primary wave of roughly 60 FWC officers and 5 help employees is at present staging at Ocala Hearth School for early Thursday morning deployment to storm affected areas.
- A further drive of roughly 18 FWC officers is staged in Pensacola prepared to deploy to Bay County to help with restoration and reconnaissance missions.
- A second wave of roughly 60 FWC officers and 5 help employees are on their means to the Florida Public Security Institute to be prepared to deploy.
- A 15-member FWC Particular Operations Group has joined Nationwide Guard and Florida Hearth Service USAR groups to create extremely specialised city search and rescue models to tackle fast post-storm rescue wants in storm affected areas. These groups will deploy to Bay County.
- FWC Particular Operations Group (SOG) groups might be deploying to carry out reconnaissance efforts to present Emergency Operations Facilities with up to date post-storm info and assessments.
- The Florida Freeway Patrol has activated Alpha / Bravo for area troops all through the state. This activation will end result in common days off being cancelled and 24-Hour enhanced protection.
- The Florida Freeway Patrol has 600 state troopers assigned to the Panhandle and Massive Bend space of Florida to help with response and restoration.
- The Florida Freeway Patrol presently has 24/7 illustration inside the State Emergency Operations Middle coordinating preparation, response and restoration efforts. The Florida Freeway Patrol can also be staffing quite a few County Emergency Operations Facilities.
- The Florida Freeway Patrol has activated Alpha / Bravo for subject troops all through the state. This activation has resulted in common days off being cancelled and 24-Hour enhanced protection.
- The Florida Freeway Patrol will keep excessive visibility on Interstate-10 and different roadways to help motorists, clear roadways and can routinely examine relaxation areas to help residents and guests.
- The Florida Freeway Patrol has deployed two MRAPs (excessive clearance restoration automobiles) to clear timber and particles from Interstate-10 and different major corridors.
- The Florida Freeway Patrol has deployed an plane with stay streaming capabilities to assess response and restoration wants.
- The Florida Freeway Patrol has deployed two small unmanned aerial automobiles with livestreaming capabilities to assess street and bridge response and restoration wants.
- The Florida Freeway Patrol is offering safety escorts to utility crews responding to the restoration space.
- DHSMV’s Florida Licensing on Wheels (FLOW) mobiles are on standby to help clients impacted by the storm.
- FDLE’s Mutual Assist Staff is coordinating missions to help native businesses with escort, evacuation, visitors management and safety particulars.
- FDLE and different statewide regulation enforcement companions are working 24-hours at SEOC and in the Pensacola and Tallahassee areas.
- 10 FDLE deployment groups are aiding regulation enforcement following Hurricane Michael.
- Regional FDLE regulation enforcement coordination groups (RLECTS) are coordinating with city search and rescue groups to get into impacted areas.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
- There are greater than 1,000 search and rescue personnel deploying to the impacted areas. They’re bringing:
- 11 City Search and Rescue groups with greater than 400 personnel.
- 5 hearth engine strike groups with 50 hearth engines and 110 firefighters.
- Two Reconnaissance groups.
- A Florida Hearth Forest Service Incident Administration Gold Staff.
- 7 swift water rescue groups.
- The State of Florida has activated 5 city search and rescue activity forces and assets to numerous strategic places to put together for response. A further 4 activity forces from the states of Mississippi and Louisiana will complement in state groups with operations in the affected areas.
- CFO Jimmy Patronis has activated or positioned on alert seven out of eight state Search and Rescue process forces in preparation for Hurricane Michael’s landfall.
TRANSPORTATION & PUBLIC WORKS
- FDOT is at present deploying crews and gear from across the state to assess injury to, and security of essential infrastructure, and to clear entry to affected areas as quickly as potential.
- Governor Scott directed the Florida Division of Transportation (FDOT) to droop tolls efficient instantly in the Northwest Florida area. Tolls can be suspended on the following amenities: Mid-Bay Bridge and Spence Parkway (Okaloosa County), Garcon Level Bridge (Santa Rosa County), Bob Sikes Toll Bridge (Escambia County), and Orchard Pond Parkway (Leon County).
- FDOT has suspended all development operations from the roadways in the counties beneath the state of emergency.
- FDOT is coordinating with the Florida Freeway Patrol reopening bridges and roadways when clear and protected to journey.
- FDOT is monitoring roadways and figuring out bridge inspectors statewide.
- FDOT has positioned standby turbines for visitors sign help.
- FDOT issued an Emergency Street Use Allow letter to relieve measurement and weight restrictions for automobiles responding to Hurricane Michael.
- FDOT issued Weigh Station Bypass letter to permit emergency response automobiles such as utility automobiles and bucket vans to bypass all FDOT weigh stations.
- Port of Pensacola and Port of Panama Metropolis have closed.
- FDOT is coordinating with utility corporations to coordinate submit storm clean-up actions.
- Roads and bridges in impacted areas have closed. Please go to fl511.com for the newest info.
ABOVE VIDEO: Hurricane Michael obliterates Panama Metropolis highschool.
FOOD AND WATER
- The state is working to guarantee enough meals assets can be found for Florida residents impacted by Hurricane Michael, prioritizing based mostly upon want. Particular actions embrace the next:
- Roughly 2 million meals prepared to eat are ready to be distributed
- Roughly 1 million gallons of water is ready to be distributed.
- Roughly 40,000 10-pound luggage of ice is ready to be distributed or has been distributed.
PUBLIC HEALTH AND MEDICAL
- The Company for Individuals with Disabilities (APD) is constant to monitor the storm and repeatedly sharing info with waiver help coordinators and suppliers to make sure the well being and security of the purchasers the company serves.
- APD can also be checking on people with developmental disabilities who stay in their very own houses to guarantee they’re ready for the hurricane.
- APD has canceled all visitor reservations for the week for William J. Rish Leisure Park in Gulf County. The power will probably be closed starting Tuesday.
- APD is making Hawkins Park in Santa Rosa County out there to utility vans as a staging space.
- The Florida Division of Well being (DOH) is actively speaking with ESF-Eight management in the counties inside the space of operations.
- DOH is in contact with hospitals and different well being care amenities inside the space of operations to decide operational standing.
- DOH is monitoring and supporting Particular Wants Shelter operations by means of census reporting and useful resource help as requested by native emergency operations.
- Essential sufferers inside the influence zone have been air lifted from broken well being care amenities to receiving hospitals.
- DOH has 20 Ambulance Strike Groups and has activated the FEMA ambulance contract for a complete of 400 Superior Life Help (ASL) ambulances to help with rescue operations, well being care facility evacuations, and native EMS augmentation. DOH additionally has:
- 50 nurses augmenting native particular wants shelter employees;
- Three federal Disaster Medical Assistant Groups (DMAT) with a complete of105 employees;
- Activated a hospital augmentation group from the Worldwide Medical Corp together with 50 nurses, two hospital emergency division groups and one emergency hospital.
- Ambulance strike groups are actively evacuating sufferers from broken well being care amenities to receiving hospitals. It will proceed till all sufferers have been evacuated to security.
- To organize for, reply to, and mitigate any impact of Hurricane Michael, DOH issued an emergency order permitting well being care professionals with a legitimate, unrestricted and unencumbered license in any state, territory, and/or district to render providers in Florida throughout a interval not to exceed thirty days (until prolonged).
- At present, the Facilities for Medicare and Medicaid Providers introduced steps taken to help Florida in response to Hurricane Michael, together with:
- Briefly waiving or modifying sure Medicare, Medicaid and CHIP necessities,
- Making particular enrollment durations obtainable for sure people in search of well being plans provided via the Florida Well being Insurance coverage Change,
- Serving to sufferers get hold of entry to life-saving providers such as dialysis.
- The Company for Well being Care Administration (AHCA) is in contact with healthcare amenities to guarantee they’ve the assets they want.
- AHCA will maintain a joint name with the Florida Well being Care Affiliation and all residential and inpatient healthcare amenities together with all areas of the panhandle and east to Jacksonville. AHCA and the Florida Hospital Affiliation will maintain a joint name with all hospitals in the panhandle.
- AHCA has activated the Emergency Standing System (ESS) for well being care amenities in the panhandle to enter their storm preparedness standing together with turbines and utility firm info, emergency contacts, and mattress availability.
- All nursing houses and assisted dwelling amenities are required to hold residents in a protected surroundings in an emergency to make sure the safety of resident well being, security, welfare, and luxury.
- Amenities are required to have a Complete Emergency Administration Plan accredited and on file with the native emergency administration businesses.
- Nursing amenities all have back-up energy that may energy medical gear and refrigeration for drugs and meals.
- Moreover, amenities are required to have an emergency energy plan in place to make sure that resident occupied space temperatures don’t exceed 81 levels. These plans embrace onsite turbines, delivered turbines, or shifting populations to places that may keep snug temperatures.
- As a part of licensure, amenities are answerable for the well being and security of their sufferers.
- The State is right here to serve as a useful resource to join amenities to the native emergency administration officers to be sure wants are being met.
- AHCA employees has reached out to all hospital CEOs and all residential well being care amenities in the panhandle.
- The Division of Elder Affairs continues communication with administrators and emergency coordinators on the affected Space Businesses on Getting older (AAAs).
- AAAs and Lead Company employees assisted with getting frail and weak seniors to particular wants shelters and in addition coordinated with different shoppers to be sure that they have been ready in advance of the storm or had evacuated as applicable.
- House-delivered meal recipients in affected areas have been offered additional shelf-stable meals.
- DOEA assists DOH with staffing and different efforts at Particular Wants Shelters. The Director and Deputy Director of DOEA’s CARES Bureau are at Particular Wants Shelters to help with evaluation of shoppers and the suitable discharge plans following the storm.
- DOEA and our companions all through the Getting old Community stand prepared to determine and help with unmet wants of seniors in the storm’s path.
- The Florida Division of Veterans’ Affairs (FDVA) operates six expert nursing amenities and one assisted dwelling facility.
- Restoration efforts are underway on the Clifford C. Sims State Veterans’ Nursing Residence in Panama Metropolis. Help groups from different State Veterans’ Houses are aiding in help and restoration
- The U.S. Division of Veterans Affairs reviews VA Outpatient Clinics in Pensacola, Panama Metropolis Seashore, Eglin AFB, Marianna, Tallahassee and Perry are closed in the present day. Affected person appointments have been rescheduled.
- The next nationwide VA hotlines can be found to help Veterans:
- Veteran Disaster Hotline: 1-800-507-4571 (24/7 operations)
- Pharmacy Buyer Care: 1-855-574-7288 (Eight:00 am – four:30 pm EST)
- Veterans Advantages Administration Hotline: 1-800-827-1000
- Vet Middle/Counseling: 1-877-WAR-VETS
- The Florida Division of Youngsters and Households (DCF) is working with courts in Florida Panhandle counties to signal blanket journey approvals for all foster mother and father to evacuate with youngsters in foster care.
- DCF has ordered an early launch of meals help advantages for these Florida residents in the 35 counties included in the emergency order who would have acquired regular SNAP advantages between now and October 28th.
- A workforce from FEMA together with specialists from Homeland Safety, the EPA, the Division of Protection, Well being and Human Providers, and the Military Corps of Engineers is now in Florida and offering federal help.
- The Florida Division of Environmental Safety (DEP) will start making secondary contact with high-priority regulated amenities to conduct publish storm assessments. Two emergency ultimate orders have been issued to guarantee restoration efforts usually are not hampered or delayed.
- DEP has activated and is intently monitoring StormTracker, a reporting device for water and waste water amenities to present updates on their operational standing.
- Silver Springs State Park in Ocala is serving as a staging space for utility crews being deployed to the impacted space.
- Florida State Parks is deploying strike groups to clear particles and help people in impacted state parks.
- The U.S. Coast Guard in collaboration with the U.S. Environmental Safety Company (EPA) is conducting fly overs to assess coastal areas.
- An on-line device for the general public to report the situation of storm particles in waterways has been deployed.
- As quickly as circumstances are protected, the state’s seashore assessments will start.
- 235 Disaster Particles Administration Websites have been pre-authorized for the counties addressed by the Governor’s Government Order.
- Florida State Park closures may be discovered at https://www.floridastateparks.org/StormUpdates
- DEP’s Florida Park Service has opened areas to dry camp for self-contained rigs – often parking tons with out utility connections – at some state parks for evacuees on a primary come, first served foundation with waived in a single day charges. An inventory of open parks and make contact with info to verify for availability could be discovered at https://www.floridastateparks.org/get-involved/storm-assistance.
BUSINESS AND INDUSTRY
- The Florida Division of Financial Alternative (DEO) has opened the Enterprise Injury Evaluation Survey for companies impacted by Hurricane Michael. Companies with injury ought to full the survey at https://www.floridadisaster.biz/BusinessDamageAssessments
- Companies can even go to FloridaDisaster.biz to view ideas for assessing storm injury and to register to obtain updates on storm restoration.
- To assist residents and emergency personnel keep related following the storm, Comcast is opening its community of greater than Eight,000 Xfinity WiFi hotspots all through the Florida Panhandle, together with Tallahassee, Panama Metropolis, Panama Metropolis Seashore and surrounding areas and the Dothan, Alabama space, to anybody to use totally free, together with non-Xfinity clients.
- The state has opened the Personal Sector Hotline at (850) 815-4925. The hotline is on the market for enterprise inquiries concerning the storm, preparedness info and post-impact info.
- DEO continues to coordinate with CareerSource Florida, native workforce boards, and different public-private companions.
- VISIT Florida has activated the Expedia/VISIT Florida Lodge Lodging Net Portal to help evacuation orders. Go to www.expedia.com/florida to discover obtainable lodge rooms.
- Airbnb Open Houses is now lively in Alabama, Florida and Georgia in response to Hurricane Michael. Over 150 Airbnb group members have opened their houses for free of charge to evacuees and first responders up to now. Go to www.airbnb.com/HurricaneMichael for open houses.
- Members of the Florida Restaurant and Lodging Affiliation in the Tallahassee space are offering meals and lodging for first responders.
- The Florida Retail Federation and the Florida Restaurant and Lodging Affiliation proceed to share catastrophe preparedness info with their enterprise associates.
- The Division of Enterprise and Skilled Regulation (DBPR) presents a Hurricane Information with details about hurricane preparedness, what to do as a storm approaches, catastrophe restoration, and useful hurricane-related assets. DBPR has shared the Information on social media and it’s obtainable at http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/documents/HurricaneGuide_web.pdf.
- The Florida Division of Schooling (FDOE) is in contact with faculty districts, state schools and universities for updates and to decide wants earlier than, throughout and after emergency occasions. All faculty districts, schools and universities are monitoring Hurricane Michael and collaborating with native emergency preparedness officers to make selections that guarantee scholar and employees security.
- The next faculty districts have introduced closures:
o Baker shall be closed Wednesday (10/10) and Thursday (10/11).
o Bay shall be closed Tuesday (10/9) – Thursday (10/11).
o Bradford will probably be closed Wednesday (10/10) and Thursday (10/11).
o Calhoun will probably be closed Tuesday (10/9) – Thursday (10/11).
o Citrus might be closed Tuesday (10/9) – Thursday(10/11).
o Dixie can be closed Tuesday (10/9) – Thursday (10/11).
o o Florida A&M Excessive shall be closed Tuesday (10/9) – Friday (10/12).
o Florida State College Faculties (Florida Excessive) might be closed Tuesday (10/9) – Friday (10/12).
o Franklin shall be closed Tuesday (10/9) – Friday (10/12).
o Gadsden might be closed Tuesday (10/9) – Friday (10/12).
o Gilchrist shall be closed Tuesday (10/9) – Thursday (10/11).
o Gulf might be closed Tuesday (10/9) – Friday (10/12) and can re-open after Fall Break, on Wednesday, 10/17.
o Hamilton can be closed Wednesday (10/10) and Thursday (10/11).
o Holmes shall be closed Tuesday (10/9) – Thursday (10/11).
o Jackson will probably be closed Tuesday (10/9) – Thursday (10/11).
o Lafayette can be closed Wednesday (10/10) and Thursday (10/11).
o Leon might be closed Tuesday (10/9) – Friday (10/12).
o Levy will probably be closed Wednesday (10/10) and Thursday (10/11).
o Liberty will probably be closed Tuesday (10/9) – Thursday (10/11).
o Madison will probably be closed Tuesday (10/9) – Thursday (10/11).
o Okaloosa shall be closed Tuesday (10/9) – Thursday (10/11).
o Suwannee might be closed Tuesday (10/9) – Thursday (10/11).
o Taylor can be closed Tuesday (10/9) – Thursday (10/11).
o Union can be closed Wednesday (10/10) and Thursday (10/11).
o Wakulla might be closed Tuesday (10/9) – Friday (10/12).
o Walton will probably be closed Tuesday (10/9) – Thursday (10/11).
o Washington may have early launch Tuesday (10/9) and stay closed by means of Thursday (10/11).
The next state schools and universities have introduced closures:
o Chipola School shall be closed Tuesday (10/9) – Thursday (10/11).
o Florida A&M College might be closed Tuesday (10/9) – Friday (10/12).
o Florida Gateway School will probably be closed by way of Thursday (10/11).
o Florida State College can be closed Tuesday (10/9) – Friday (10/12).
o Gulf Coast State School closed at 5 p.m. Monday (10/Eight) and stay closed Tuesday (10/9) – Thursday (10/11).
o North Florida Group School closed at three p.m. Tuesday (10/9) and stay closed Wednesday (10/10) and Thursday (10/11).
o Northwest Florida State School will probably be closed Tuesday (10/9) – Thursday(10/11).
o Tallahassee Group School might be closed Tuesday (10/9) by way of Friday, 10/12.
The next Division of Blind Providers (DBS) and Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) workplaces are closed via Friday (10/12):
o Alachua (DVR): 2610 NW 43rd Road, Gainesville
o Alachua (DBS): 3620 NW 43rd Road, Gainesville
o Bay (DVR & DBS): 2505 West 15th Road, Panama Metropolis
o Citrus (DVR): 204 South Apopka Avenue, Inverness
o Columbia (DVR): 1389 U.S. Freeway 90 West, Lake Metropolis
o Dixie (DVR): 25821 SE 19 Freeway, Previous City
o Escambia (DVR & DBS): 600 College Workplace Boulevard, Pensacola
o Gadsden (DVR): 305 West Crawford Road, Qunincy
o Hernando (DVR): 7361 Forest Oaks Boulevard, Spring Hill
o Hillsborough (DVR): 9215 North Florida Avenue, Tampa
o Hillsborough (DVR): 510 Vonderburg Drive, Brandon
o Hillsborough (DVR): 1702 South Alexander Road, Plant Metropolis
o Hillsborough (DVR, DBS & Migrant Employee): 1313 Tampa Road, Tampa
o Jackson (DVR): 4743B Freeway 90 East, Marianna
o Leon (DBS): 4972 Woodville Freeway, Tallahassee
o Leon (DVR & DBS): 1320 Government Middle Drive, Tallahassee
o Leon (DVR): 4075 Esplanade Method, Tallahassee
o Manatee (DVR & DBS): 600 eighth Avenue West, Tallahassee
o Okaloosa (DVR): 119 Beal Parkway, Fort Walton Seashore
o Pasco (DVR): 4440-5636 Hassle Creek Street, New Port Richey
o Pasco (DVR): 15000 Citrus Nation Drive, Dade Metropolis
o Pinellas (DVR): 701 94th Avenue North, St. Petersburg
o Pinellas (DVR): 525 Mirror Lake Drive, St. Petersburg
o Pinellas (DVR): 11351 Ulmerton Street, Largo
o Suwannee (DVR): 1431 North Ohio Avenue, Stay Oak
The next Workplace of Early Studying workplace is closed via Friday (10/12):
o Leon: 250 Marriott Drive, Tallahassee
The next Board of Governors workplace is closed by way of Friday (10/12):
o Leon: 107 West Gaines Road, Tallahassee
Districts are opening shelters as wanted; for an inventory of Florida shelters, go to https://www.floridadisaster.org/planprepare/shelters/.
FDOE will probably be posting up-to-date info relating to closures and assembly cancellations at www.fldoe.org/hurricaneinfo.
INSURANCE AND FINANCIAL SERVICES
- The Florida Workplace of Insurance coverage Regulation (OIR) is ready to order property insurers to submit claims info from Hurricane Michael, if mandatory.
- Insurance coverage Commissioner David Altmaier and CFO Jimmy Patronis carried out a convention name with representatives of varied insurance coverage corporations which have insurance policies in drive inside the areas forecasted to be impacted by Hurricane Michael to guarantee these corporations:
- Have assets positioned and obtainable to reply to shoppers’ wants
- Assess injury and pay claims shortly
- Report any challenges or points as shortly as attainable
- Report claims to the OIR on time and in accordance with the reporting schedule that can be issued later as we speak.
- OIR has absolutely activated its Incident Administration Unit and has representatives on the State Emergency Operations Middle. OIR can be actively working all through this storm with shopper advocates, business stakeholders and entities licensed beneath OIR’s regulatory authority.
- OIR is getting ready to order property insurers to submit claims info from Hurricane Michael.
- In accordance with the Governor’s Government Order, OIR has notified all well being insurers, managed care organizations and different well being entities of their statutory obligation to permit for early prescription refills throughout a state of emergency.
- The Florida Division of Administration Providers, Division of State Group Insurance coverage, has organized for early prescription renewals for members of the state group insurance coverage program.
- The Florida Division of Monetary Providers’ Division of Shopper Providers has assets for shoppers looking for help with the claims-filing course of or to file insurance coverage complaints HERE.
- CFO Jimmy Patronis activated his Disaster Fraud Motion Strike Staff (DFAST) to get forward of and cease post-storm fraud.
- CFO Jimmy Patronis’ Division of Shopper Providers has assets for shoppers who need assistance with monetary hurricane prep HERE and people in search of help with the claims-filing course of or to file insurance coverage complaints HERE.
STATE OFFICE CLOSURES
- State workplaces can be closed at present by means of Thursday in the 35 counties included in Governor Scott’s emergency order.
- DMS will keep in contact with all state workplaces and has requested them to report closures in WebEOC.
- Because the state’s lead company for coordinating volunteers and donations earlier than, throughout and after disasters, Volunteer Florida has established assets for people and teams who would really like to help Floridians affected by Hurricane Michael.
- At Governor Scott’s course, Volunteer Florida has activated the Florida Disaster Fund, the State of Florida’s official personal fund established to help Florida’s communities as they reply to and get well throughout occasions of emergency or catastrophe. In partnership with the general public sector, personal sector and different non-governmental organizations, the Florida Disaster Fund helps response and restoration actions. To donate, go to, www.volunteerflorida.org/donatefdf/.
- Volunteer Florida additionally continues to share updates about volunteer registration and donating to the Florida Disaster Fund by way of the Volunteer Florida web site.
- Yesterday, Governor Rick Scott activated the Florida Disaster Fund to help people who’re impacted by Hurricane Michael. The Florida Disaster Fund helps present monetary help to Florida’s communities in occasions of catastrophe. To make a contribution, please go to www.FloridaDisasterFund.org or textual content DISASTER to 20222 to make a one-time donation of $10.
- Volunteer Florida’s Group Emergency Response Groups (CERT) will arrive in Tallahassee later right now to assist with sheltering operations.
- Volunteer Florida continues to work with Disaster Cleanup and our Florida VOAD companions to coordinate response efforts all through the Florida Panhandle.
- As catastrophe response organizations, just like the American Purple Cross or the Salvation Military, consider their wants and asses their assets, certified volunteers can be contacted.
- The Salvation Military is working with state and native emergency administration all through the Florida Panhandle.
- The Salvation Military has 43 cellular feeding models are dedicated to serve places in Panama Metropolis and Tallahassee with changes as wanted.
- Salvation Military Incident Administration Groups are headed into Panama Metropolis and Tallahassee at this time (Thursday) as circumstances permit.
- Salvation Military groups stationed in Pensacola, Fort Walton Seashore, Panama Metropolis, and Tallahassee are working with native and state emergency managers to help with mass feeding requests.
- A Salvation Military command middle is established in Tampa to handle useful resource requests and wishes throughout all impacted areas.
- Pink Cross is deploying 500 catastrophe aid staff to shelter and feed at websites in affected counties.
STATE EMERGENCY OPERATION CENTER/ CONTACTS
- The State Emergency Operations Middle stays activated at a degree one, which is a full-scale, 24-hours-a-day activation.
- The State Help Info Line (SAIL) contact quantity is 1-800-342-3557.
- The State Emergency Operations Middle Media Line: 850-921-0217.
- Comply with @FLSert or @FLGovScott on Twitter for reside updates on Hurricane Michael.
- Go to http://www.floridadisaster.org/info to discover info on shelters, street closures, and evacuation routes.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS
Click on right here to contribute your information or bulletins Free
(perform(d, s, id)
var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s);
if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
js.src = “//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.4&appId=192365890814084”;
(doc, ‘script’, ‘facebook-jssdk’));(perform()
var _fbq = window._fbq || (window._fbq = );
var fbds = doc.createElement(‘script’);
fbds.async = true;
fbds.src = ‘//join.fb.internet/en_US/fbds.js’;
var s = doc.getElementsByTagName(‘script’);
_fbq.loaded = true;
window._fbq = window._fbq || ;
window._fbq.push([‘track’, ‘PixelInitialized’, ]);